What is the City’s property tax rate?
The City’s 2014/2015 tax rate (for the calendar year 2014) is $0.4340 per $100 of assessed valuation.
Is this my total tax rate?
No, the City is only one of several taxing authorities with overlapping jurisdiction for Georgetown residents. The table below illustrates the combined tax rates for Georgetown residents: City of Georgetown : $0.4340 Georgetown Independent School District : $1.3980 Williamson County : $0.489029Total : $2.321029
Does the City of Georgetown bill me for my property taxes?
No. The City has contracted with the Williamson County Tax Assessor-Collector to collect property taxes on its behalf. The contact information for the Tax Assessor-Collector is: Williamson County www.wilco.org 904 South Main Georgetown, TX 78626 (512) 943-1601
How is the value of my property determined?
The Williamson Central Appraisal District is responsible for determining the value of all properties on the tax role. The WCAD determines the value of a home by comparing the home to similar homes that have sold recently and determines the market value accordingly. For specific questions regarding your appraisal, you can contact WCAD at: Williamson Central Appraisal District www.wcad.org 625 FM 1460 Georgetown, TX 78626 (512) 930-3787
What Property Tax exemptions does the City grant?
The City grants the following exemptions: Homestead $5,000; 65 and over $12,000** ; Disabled Vet $40,000**
** Taxes are “frozen” at 2004 level, or year exemption established.
How do I apply for exemptions?
Contact: Williamson Central Appraisal District www.wcad.org 625 FM 1460 Georgetown, TX 78626 (512) 930-3787
When are property taxes due?
Property taxes are billed in October of each year. However, they do not become delinquent until February 1 of the next year. For example, property taxes for the year 2014 will be billed in October 2014 and will become delinquent on February 1, 2015.
What is the City’s sales tax rate?
The City receives 2% of the 8.25% sales and use taxes that are remitted by retailers within the City limits. Of this 8.25% amount,
- 1.000% is used for general operating purposes
- 0.500% is used for transportation improvements through the Georgetown Transportation Enhancement Corporation (GTEC), the City’s 4B Economic Development Corporation, authorized in May 2001
- 0.125% is for Georgetown Economic Development Corporation (GEDCO), the City’s 4A Economic Development Corporation, approved in May 2005
- 0.125% is for property tax relief, approved in May 2005
- 0.250% is used for street maintenance, reauthorized in November 2014; expires in March 2019
- 2.000% City receives 2% of the sales and use taxes
- 6.250% The remaining 6.25% is collected and retained by the State of Texas